Monday, January 25, 2010

Harper Elle 5 months

The babe is officially 5 months OLD! Ughhh, it's going way to fast, how do I slow it down! But it is sooo amazing. She laughs uncontrollably, follows Mommy everywhere she goes (with her eyes), will cry when you leave the room, buries her head in your neck when she acts shy, loves Moss' kisses, laughs at the kids who are crying at school, eating oatmeal, splashes the soap suds away in the tub to get to her toes, and POOPS so bad that it is the topic of "Daycare Dish" almost everyday. I call it "Daycare Dish" because whenever I pick her up we dish for at least 30 minutes about how her day went and almost everyday..there is some story about her poo that day. It usually starts with me noticing that her clothes have been changed and then I notice her teacher's clothes are different...yeah...it can get really bad. After about 5 minutes, I get about 3 versions of the same story because the other teachers from the other infant rooms peep their heads in to chime in. It really is hysterical that this is the name Harper is creating for herself, well, at least there is never a dull moment. I tell Ms. Sarah that she is certainly earning her money with my child.

Bob and I are certainly earning our titles of NEW Mom and Dad. We had Harper on her changing table after an obvious poo last week and when we opened the diaper the aroma gased the air so quickly our eyes started watering. Harper was of course laughing and smiling as usual. As we determined our strategy of changing this massive explosion...KABOOM....soft serve poo comes flying out. It was hysterical, disgusting, and traumatizing all at once. Have you seen Four Christmas' with Reece Witherspoon and Vince Vaughn when the baby yaks all over Reese and Vince starts dry heaving and makes her leave the room? If not, you must catch it. I was laughing, Bob was gagging and no way did "we" leave the room. Let's just say it gives a whole new meaning to soft serve ice cream.




















Quotes from Harper

"Hello Everyone! I have found my hands and LOVE putting them in my mouth. Especially the lefty...the thumb is a staple for naps."













"I have found my feet, I really wish my Mommy would stop putting these whites things over my toes because I really like chewing on them."



















"Today was white day at school and I was the only kid who wore white. Is that because the other parents forgot to dress my friends in white or that my mom is the ONLY parent who reads the newsletter that my teacher sends out?"
By the look on her face, I'm pretty sure she thinks I'm ridiculous already. I just thought I had a little more time:(

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...she is too precious for words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Whit! Trying to post more photos but can't log into my own Blog, ughh, so frustrating:)

    ReplyDelete

About This Blog