Friday, January 6, 2012

Big Girl Bed for Bedtime Bliss

Welcome to Harper Elle's Haven

After several sleepless nights in her toddler bed and many trips up and down the stairs to my bed, to the guest bed, on the floor. I caved.
One weekend in November, during a nap, I decided to take over this room and create a little haven for Harper. This little one had been waking up so much I thought I would surprise her and create a special place for just her.

Would this work? Will she really sleep in here and like it? I had no idea but I was about to have a lot of fun trying.

I broke down the toddler bed, pulled in the very old nobody wants to sleep on bed from the extra guest room and fixed her up! I also brought in a ton of decoration for Christmas, including Buddy Patch, our Elf on the Shelf! She truly flipped out. I have never seen her smile so big with excitement for something that she was surprised by. She looked, she touched, she jumped, and she started fast talking. And I mean fast!

Her mouth could not keep up with her thoughts. She was fascinated by Buddy Patch and did not remember him from last year of course. As I was trying to patiently and excitedly read her the story of the Elf on the Shelf, she was buzzing around as if she was Alice in Wonderland. Abruptly interrupting my story, she looks over to me and says, "Mom! I love my new room!" With a tiny screech and a huge grin.

Her pure joy melted my heart and I had realized at that moment she had experienced her first love.

Somehow, I accomplished something I had no idea I was looking for it. Her expressions and happiness gave me some of my firsts and the cool place for her to hang out and sleep was a bonus. I love when this happens but I have to be careful and really enjoy it when it is right in front of me. And on this day, it was very easy to do.








No comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog