Friday, March 19, 2010

Spring is coming, Harper is 7 months













I thought it would hit me at six months that Harper was 1/2 a year old but the feeling waited until seven months. I can't begin to describe "all" the ways that my daughter has changed the way I view, value, and understand my life. To label it is to say, "what was I doing before she came into the world?" I say that as if I had no life and that is not it. I LOVED my life before her, it's just my perspective on most things in my life have evolved in a way I would have never been able to predict. Like, how much MORE I love my parents and respect them, priorities change for the better, the intensity of the parenthood roller coaster with your spouse, the love you can have for someone when they are screaming at you and learning a whole new level of time management.

My favorite part of the day is a toss up....the moment I walk into her room in the morning to get her out of bed and she has a huge grin on her face because she is happy to see me or at the end of the day when I race against the clock to pick her up as early as I can and she starts crying immediately because she is happy to see me. Any thoughts on this one?














Harper Elle turned 7 months on March 16th and has really come to life. Loves to eat! Avocados, apples, carrots, green beans, peaches, pears, peas, squash, and sweet potatoes have been introduced and she enjoys every bite. The avocado seems a little rich, considering her facial expressions towards the end of the bowl. She is sitting alone, grabbing anything in sight, and gives us the best hugs. I always pretend she is saying she loves me when she grabs my arms and of course I reply, "Ohh, I love you too." She laughs when we sneeze and yawn, opens her mouth when Moss walks toward for a nice big kiss, and loves the louder and crazier Bob and I act. During the final game of the SEC tournament last weekend, we were going nuts over the thought that UK might actually lose and she was cracking up by breathing in and out quickly and pulling her legs off the ground in her activity center.


















Bob and I are busy and hectic but excited for Spring and Summer. We are planting a garden this weekend, trying to get out on the golf course and planning our Summer vacation. For some reason I volunteered to play in a Nestle sponsored golf tournament in Las Vegas in April. I love golf but I haven't been out there since before I was preggers:) Yeah, it's ok to laugh at the silly things I do to myself. Did you notice I said Vegas? So now you know why I said I would play... Bobby gets to tag along:)




















Fun things about Harper's personality.
She breaths through her two bottom teeth when she gets excited. She moves her arms and legs the entire time she is eating. When we wait for her bottle to warm, she stiffens so much that she pops the buttons on her onesies. Opens her mouth when she sees you eating and laughs hysterically when you blow on her belly.




No comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog