Saturday, November 14, 2009

Hello school, goodbye maternity leave.

One week down and only a lifetime to go.

We had an interesting first week at school. We started out with inconsolable crying and refusing to eat, to tear free days, excellent appetites, and bonding moments with new classmates! Harper did really well at the end of the week, she actually started smiling and laughing with her teacher, Ms. Amy. It made us feel so good to pick her up and receive such good news!

Yesterday was my last day of maternity leave and it will be a day I will never forget. We woke up in the morning and went out for breakfast, the three of us. Then Bob went off to work and Harper and I strolled around downtown Franklin for the morning and afternoon. It was the perfect day, the sun was shining, she was so happy, we stopped for coffee and a bottle and grandpa's made over her for an hour.... Ahhh, I only wish I could capture that day in little box and open it up when I need a refresher over the next few hectic weeks!

I could've never imagined this experience the way it has turned out. These last 12 weeks have been exhausting, breathtaking, miraculous, and humbling. It's like having that "first day of school feeling," everyday. I can't believe I get to wake up every morning and take care of such an amazing creature. I know it can only get better but at this point you just can't imagine it. That is what I am enjoying most about mommyhood, you are green to everything...you get to learn something new everyday. Pretty cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog