Monday, April 27, 2009

Spring Time Favorites

It is definitely Spring time in my garden. So many flowers are coming back and starting to bloom! One of the most delightful surprises is my late Grandmother's peony bush came back after last year's disaster. I brought the start of my Granny Terry's peony bush from Kentucky and planted in my garden last summer. It didn't do so well so I gave up on the idea I would have my Granny Terry's memory in my garden! Well....it came back this year! I sort of feel it is her way of being with me during such a special time!

The other wonderful thing about Spring is Easter Bread! Bob's mom sends us Italian Easter bread each year and for some reason I couldn't wait to get it this year! It tastes of lemon and is perfect toasted each morning with a little butter! It makes you want to get out of bed in the morning and trust me, I need good reasons not to hibernate these days:)

The herb garden is planted and hopefully in a couple of weeks I will not have to buy herbs for the rest of the summer. My neighborhood started garden plots this year and you can rent out a plot of land to have a nice size garden. I can't wait until next year and I can actually have my very own vegetable garden..some women wish for diamonds..others for gardens! Well, ok, I'll take both.
http://picasaweb.google.com/jrterry1707/EasterBreadAndGardening#

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog