Sunday, June 27, 2010

Farmer's Market Saturday

Harper Elle and I had a great time at the Farmer's Market this weekend. I know she doesn't look to happy but she loved seeing all the people and doggies that were just her height. I love how sweaty she was and this is pretty much the look she gives all strangers. Although only a few minutes later she will be their best bud. A little bit of Daddy and a little bit of Mommy for sure.
I have been roasting veggies like wild fire. Anything I see, I grill it, saute it, or actually roast it in the oven. This is what happened to the veggies I bought earlier in the week and the Fairytale Eggplant is to die for! Literally all you do is cut the ends off, slice it in half, and grill baby grill.
This is one of the lovely stands at the Farmer's Market. I walk by most stands getting to know the farmers and a little about their farms. Fishing for secrets and actually dreaming some day I may be on the other side selling something of my own. WHAT? I'm sure you are thinking... I don't know, but at this point I have babies, organic, local, and of course gourmet on the brain. The only thing is, I cannot hold up my end of the gardening for one household at this point, let alone one to produce a business of some sort. That is why I love the word dream so much. It can stay that perfect little thing inside your head as long as you need it to.

As for the rest of the weekend, lots of pool time for Harper. She is such a water baby, absolutely loves it. Lays her head back in the water, kicks her legs and arms, jumps from one person to the next, and splashes with the big kids. We are heading to Florida this weekend and I can't wait to get her in the ocean!

1 comment:

  1. It was so much fun watching her at the pool on Sunday!! Can't wait to have my own little babe down there with you guys next year!!

    ReplyDelete

About This Blog