Saturday, May 2, 2009

Kiawah Golf















Kiawah Island was as gorgeous as I expected. The drive out on Friday April 24th was magical. On Bohicket Road, live oak trees surround the entire road creating this mysterious tunnel of trees.














Bob played a round of golf at Oak Point Country Club http://www.kiawahresort.com/ I served as head caddy. The greens were manicured and lots of water but there was certainly one thing we were not accustomed to seeing on a golf course. Gators! I'm sure we saw at least ten and of all sizes. They were so close to you, just hanging out by the edge of the water and if you happened to be near the fairway, oh well. Check the photos for some shots, there is a great one of Bob at least 2 feet from one in the water. As you can see, I am only posing, oh how bad I wanted to play...the belly doesn't quite cooperate in this setting.



















After golfing, we went over to The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island Golf Resort's Spa. I couldn't wait for my treatment, you have a few more aches and pains when pregnant and a massage is pure heaven. Turns out, this spa is ranked in the top ten in the US, and I couldn't wait to indulge. From the second you enter, you are truly pampered, and the treatment I received was unbelievable. The link is the same as the golf. I will certainly be returning.

http://picasaweb.google.com/jrterry1707/GolfOnKiawah#
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog